Trump Makes MAJOR Announcement After London Terror Attack

Share This Story

On Wednesday morning, at least four people were killed and many more were injured in a terrorist attack in London after an attacker plowed through a crowd of pedestrians outside the House of Parliament. Hours later, Donald Trump has broken his silence about this act of terror.

Daily Mail reported that after Trump was briefed about the attack, he immediately called British Prime Minister Theresa May to offer her the U.S.’s “full support” in her country’s investigation into what happened. This announcement shows that unlike Barack Obama, Trump is firmly committed to getting to the bottom of who is behind terrorist attacks so that he can prevent them in the future.

“We obviously condemn today’s attack in Westminster,” said White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer at his daily press conference. “We applaud the quick response that the British police and their first responders made to the situation and the victims in this are in our thoughts and our prayers.”

Trump had just been briefed about the attack when he entered the Roosevelt Room of the White House for a Women in Healthcare panel at 11:30am. He explained to the press that he was 30 minutes late for the event due to his briefing about the attack.

“I’m sorry we’re just getting an update on London,” he said.

During this afternoon’s press briefing, Spicer said Trump had been in touch with May.

“The city of London and her majesty’s government have the full support of the U.S. government in responding to the attack and bringing those to justice that are responsible,” Spicer said, adding that it would be “highly irresponsible” for him to comment any further until the British government begins their investigation.

“We are continuing to monitor the situation we are in touch with officials in the British government,” he said.

Please keep all those affected by this tragedy in your thoughts and prayers!

Share This Story

What do you think?