Bill O’Reilly’s future with Fox News has been put in jeopardy this week after it was revealed that numerous allegations of sexual harassment have been made against him over the past 15 years. Since this came out, liberals have been calling on Fox News to fire O’Reilly immediately.
However, what just happened to O’Reilly’s show indicates that Fox won’t be letting him go anytime soon…
Western Journalism reported that ratings for The O’Reilly Factor have shot up by 20% in the last week. This suggests that O’Reilly’s fans are turning out in droves to support him when he needs it most.
A staggering 3.76 million viewers tuned in to O’Reilly’s Tuesday show, one day after the sexual harassment claims leaked. 628,000 viewers were in the coveted 25-54 age demographic, an increase of 11 percent from last week’s audience.
This ratings increase occurred despite the fact that almost 50 companies have pulled their advertising from O’Reilly’s show. These companies include Mercedes Benz USA, BMW of North America, Jenny Craig, Bayer, Constant Contact and Allstate Insurance
O’Reilly released a statement defending himself from the allegations.
“Just like other prominent and controversial people, I’m vulnerable to lawsuits from individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity. In my more than 20 years at Fox News Channel, no one has ever filed a complaint about me with the Human Resources Department, even on the anonymous hotline,” O’Reilly said.
Even President Donald Trump defended O’Reilly, saying that he believes him to be innocent.
“I don’t think Bill did anything wrong,” Trump told the Times Wednesday. “I don’t think he should have settled.”
SHARE this story if you think Fox News should KEEP O’Reilly on the air!